Monday, March 7, 2011

A New Test

I have been listening this morning to the news as I perused blogs.  I hear a story of a "wonderful breakthrough medical technology!"

A new prenatal test for Down Syndrome.

It seems it won't be as dangerous to "healthy babies."

It will be 100% lethal for the Down Syndrome babies I assume.  But nobody said one word about that.

Is there another reason to test for Down Syndrome before giving birth?

Truly, maybe I don't understand.  I would be happy to find that I don't.  So, if you know another reason, let me know.

God help us.

4 comments:

  1. With out having read it yet, I fear you do understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, now I have read it. While it seems, pains are being taken to assure the safety of the test itself, I fully understand that the point of getting it in the first place has a high likelihood of being a tool of destruction. I was encouraged to have an amnio with my second child, and when I refused, got quite the sniff in response.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With two of my pregnancies, I had threatened miscarriages.The first, I was given a D and C (woteva that truly means. I was twenty one, I had a baby boy (Pad) only a few months old at the time. I had been losing clot amounts of blood for over a week and the way we understood it, in those days, was you needed to get operated on, incase of infection. Maybe, if they had done a scan, my baby would have been alive. I am glad to admit this, on Mary's blog, confess it, I mean. I always fret that I let a live baby be murdered.It really, truly, haunts me because with Jamie, my third son, he was a non identical twin and the other baby had died and they would normally do a D and C? Wot does that actually mean? Well, the consultant was an emergency relief and he said he wanted to let nature take it's course or stance and anyway, I said yes. Jamie is now a six foot four electrician, fitting lights for Tescos, the supermarket chain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Christine,
    I heard this on the news, too, and my thoughts ran along the same line as yours - that many more babies would be aborted after this test.

    ReplyDelete