Thursday, March 10, 2011

Adoration

After work tonight, I went to the Adoration Chapel at my old church.  It was nice to be back in a place where I have spent so many hours.  They are hours that I truly believe changed my life.  

I was so happy to see that there were four other people there during the hour I was there.   When I had an assigned time for adoration, it was at 5 a.m. on Thursday mornings.  I shared that time with a couple.  I don't know that anyone else ever showed up.  Of course, they wouldn't have been able to get in the church at that hour, but I don't think anyone was trying to get in.  

It is so encouraging to me to see so many people taking time out of their day to spend in the presence of Our Lord.   

As I said, I believe that my early attempts at adoration truly changed my life.   I think any attempts to draw close to God are welcomed by him.  However puny they may seem.

1 comment:

  1. I agree! I don't think we get to see all the benefits that ripple out from all actions and words-good and bad. But adoration always does good-somewhere. ♥

    ReplyDelete