Saturday, January 15, 2011

Posole

This is the finished product.  Posole is a soup or stew made from Posole, or hominy, pork, chiles, cilantro, onions, etc.  It is a traditional New Mexican dish for Christmas Eve (after midnight mass).  I would give a recipe (as Ros requested), but I used many and kind of played it by ear.  If you really want to make it, I would advise finding a recipe on the internet and going from there.  One piece of advice?  Do not use canned or frozen posole.  Use the dried posole, and cook it for hours and hours until it bursts and softens.  Oh, it is so good!  

It was nice to come home from mass tonight and have supper already made.  

Thanks for reading!


3 comments:

  1. This looks really good. I love hominy dishes but we so rarely see them in the St Louis area. I discovered it in Hot Springs, Arkansas where my mother lives. I'll have to look for it in dried form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your serving dishes as well. That side plate the bowl is sitting on is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shall definitely search this recipe. And I agree, the place setting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete