Thursday, April 14, 2011

In Earnest Gratitude

I looked out the window this morning and saw the world covered in snow.  Spontaneously, "Thank you God!" sprang forth from my mouth.  No gardening today.  I am off work, can't garden, I guess I should nap!  I loved reading about Paul's garden today - an English garden is quite a different thing from a Colorado yard.

I did spend the majority of my morning putting the final touches on my taxes (due tomorrow) and was able to electronically submit my State taxes.  I will mail my check to the feds tomorrow.  I don't much like paying taxes at the end of the year, but I see no sense in having them hold MY money throughout the year so that I can get a "refund" (of my own money) at the end of the year.  Some years I get it just about perfect, some years I miss the mark by a few hundred dollars, as I did last year.

There is a Reconciliation service at my old church tonight.  I think I may go.  I wouldn't have considered it prior to reading about one at The Crescat.  I have always enjoyed the Saturday afternoon forays into the confessional.  I particularly like standing in line.  I frequently reflect on all the churches, and all the confessionals, and all the penitents standing in line, all around the world. I wonder at any time on a Saturday afternoon how many people the world over are saying The Act of Contrition at the same time.  In the midst of all the mayhem going on in the world, there is still this huge community of people who are doing this thing that runs so counter to our culture.  It encourages me greatly.  I have to think it pleases the Lord.

Holy Week is just around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment