Monday, February 21, 2011

Going to Latin Mass this Morning

I am going to Latin Mass this morning.  When I awoke this morning, I checked for the daily mass time, and was so happy to see that I can go.  I need to iron my veil.  I need to wear a skirt that goes past my knees.  

The older I get, the more I have anxiety about doing new things.  A year ago my kids gave me a garmin for my car and that helps somewhat as I drive to new places.  But I still get butterflies in my gut when I anticipate doing something I haven't done before.  

I went to this church many years ago, on my way to work, when they had a 6:30 a.m. mass.  I hadn't realized that I should have had my head covered and that I should not have been wearing slacks.  I felt very uncomfortable through that mass, I knew I had been unintentionally disrespectful by my dress.  I found this website with helpful advice, I hope it is accurate.  

Today I pray that I can go to this mass without doing anything "wrong."

Full report to follow...

3 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about doing new things, especially church related new things! I hope you had a lovely experience and did not feel so uncomfortable that you couldn't take it in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never gone to a Latin mass. I should go to one to see what it's like, but I've always been against the church eliminating vernacular mass for strictly Latin. Anyway, hope you had a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear, so long as your heart was in the right place, you could not have done anything "wrong" in the eyes of the Lord, whose opinion matters more than anyone else's.

    ReplyDelete